Secrets to Beautiful Skin!
Check out the following Beauty Alternatives...All from nature!
Want beautiful skin without the hassle of expensive lotions or soaps? See our venue of terrific beauty alternatives for any woman or teen!
- 100% Cold Pressed Organic Argan Oil: Found in the southwestern parts of Morocco, this oil is a natural wonder. Rich in essential fatty acids and high in linoleic acid. Has anti-aging properties, nourishes and re-hydrates the skin, aids in treating wrinkles, relieves burns, scars, acne and other skin conditions. Used as a massage oil, to eliminate dandruff and prevent hair loss. Rated one of the best beauty alternatives.
- Aloe Vera: This wonderful liquid has benefited man for over 4,000 years. Known as medicinal aloe. Used in the treatment of burn healing, speeds wound healing and minor skin infections. Protects, moisturizes and extends life to skin. Possesses antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Baking Soda: This will whiten your teeth and take care of your bad breath. Also good for the skin, reduces irritation. Use it for an exfoliant on your face or put a handful into your bath water. Great for getting rid of body odor. It is also a natural fire stopper.
- Organic Coconut Oil Unrefined, 14 oz liquid: Penetrates skin and hair. It is an effective moisturizer on skin. Safe for preventing dryness to both hair and skin. It has anti-aging, anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Helps treat skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema. Coconut oil helps keep skin from developing liver spots (which happen internally) and other signs of aging due to sunlight. It aids in keeping connective tissues strong which also helps prevent skin from sagging. This oil is amazing...It actually penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin keeping it strong. And it is great for our hair and scalp too. And great for cooking veggies! We can't state enough about the great health benefits to this powerful beauty alternative.
- Green Tea: Yes! We know it is great for drinking. However it is also great for topical treatment your skin. Green teas has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and studies have shown that it reduces the effects of UV damage. Suffer from acne? Try green tea. It helps clear damage to the skin, may help repair wrinkles, used as a natural sunscreen and can help reduce redness with rosacea. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/green-tea-benefits-on-skin.html
- Honey: Raw, unfiltered, unprocessed honey. Although good to eat...Honey possesses natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Helps protect skin from UV damage and speeds up healing. When placed on the face, it has the ability to absorb impurities from the pores. Helps with minor acne and scaring. Honey acts as a toner, cleanser and is also great for hair. For any type of small wounds, scrapes, burns, etc., try Eras Natural Sciences Wound Honey. Wonderful product.
- Lemons: Make those unsightly dark spots fade away with the Citric acid in lemons. Apply to skin spot area twice a day. The acidic nature in lemon juice helps peel the top layer of skin thus fading the discolored area. This takes some time so have patience.
- Olive Oil: Wow! Soothes skin irritation and inflammation. Proven as a powerful antioxidant. These antioxidants have the ability to help heal skin, stimulate cells and return skin to a firmer and healthier status. Promotes radiant skin and helps maintain elasticity, heals brittle nails and softens cuticles, conditions and adds shine to hair.
- Shea Butter: Another wonderful beauty alternative...West/East African women have been using Shea butter for centuries. Possesses powerful anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. Soothes sunburn, insect bites, skin rashes, itchy skin and improves the overall look of scares. Helps prevent premature wrinkles and because it contains vitamin F, it works as a rejuvenator. Penetrates the skin and does not clog pores. Best cold pressed, unrefined Shea Butter we've found.
- Red Onions or Garlic: These also include the basic acidic values. Extract the onion juice and apply to sun spots. For garlic: take fresh garlic and rub it on the area. The acidity onion and garlic juice induces peeling and naturally bleaches the spot. You can also try milk, buttermilk or yogurt...These milk products contain Lactic Acid another type of exfoliant. It regenerates and revitalizes the skin, reducing the appearance of skin spots.
- Rose Water: Contains anti-bacterial properties, prevents acne, pimples, wrinkles, aids sunburn and stressed skin. Cleans and tightens pores. It also restores the skins natural pH and tones. Try rose water or witch hazel. Make sure your not buying synthetic rose water.
- Tea Tree Oil: This oils is an antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antiviral properties. Toxic if swallowed or used internally. Effective for acne, oily skin, blisters, sunburns, athlete's foot, warts, insect bites, rashes and dandruff with very few side effects. Can cause reactions on some skins. Therefore...Be extra cautious with this beauty alternative. Please research how to effectively administer tea tree oil...very potent at 100%.
- Witch Hazel: Also a natural skin toner, cost less than store bought name brands and is all natural! Witch Hazel has antiseptic and antibacterial properties... cleaning skin and removing bacteria. Note, if you purchase this product make sure its contents are primarily witch hazel, not alcohol.
The best thing you can do for your skin is to take care of it! Indulge your skin by nourishing it with pure ingredients using beauty alternatives, organic makeup and organic skin care. And if your spending time in the sun...protect your skin. Wear organic/natural sunscreen, or just suit up your favorite hat...whichever works for you!
Body Care/Makeup Tips...All Natural and Organic!
These are just a few ideas in going organic and green with makeup and beauty alternatives. Discover all the wonderful things you have, at your fingertips, within your home. However, we're not finished just yet...below are a list of books to help educate yourself! These books also make cool gift ideas for moms, women and teens. Share with them our beauty alternatives. And remember it is not just us girls who need clean, organic body care, guys require it too!
- Don't buy expensive makeup removers...instead, use extra virgin olive oil.
- Want to dash up your eyebrows...Use olive oil and a brow brush or toothbrush, run it over your brows and poof! Looks fab.
- Forgot your lash curler...Use olive oil and a clean mascara brush or toothbrush to swipe your lashes.
- Need a facial scrub or foot scrub...Use olive oil or coconut oil, add sugar, and you just made it yourself.
- Don't have natural or organic lipstick...Use a raw beet, beet root powder or berries to color your lips.
- Want to moisturize you lips...Use olive oil or coconut oil. Great for lips and non-toxic!
- Need some powder...Use Cornstarch, add a little essential oil to it, let it sit and Bam! You have your own homemade powder.
- Need to dye you hair...Try coffee or tea to fade your gray away. Or use coffee or tea to highlight your hair.
Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry. The Ugly Side of the Cosmetic Industry. I cant say enough about this book! It is an eye opener for ALL who use body products...not just women. It is a fast, must read. Prepare to change for the good and CLEAN!
The Natural Beauty Book (Klutz). This book explains how to treat your skin naturally. It gives recipes for scrubs, hair rinses and more. It also comes with a small spa kit. Great for young ones and teens. Start taking care of tweens skin early.
No More Dirty Looks: The Truth about Your Beauty Products. This book is ideal for those who really want to understand the facts about dangerous chemicals within beauty products. The authors expose the truth about the toxins, chemicals and how they are absorbed into our skin every time we wipe them on and how they effect our health. They also take time to reveal the clean, safe, non toxic, effective products you can discover today.
EcoBeauty. Exhibits a tone of recipes from stuff already in your home. Easy, simple homemade recipes from hair rinses, hand creams, lip gloss and more. Gotta love the fact that you know what is in your skincare when you make it yourself!
This is not our complete list...We have more great book selections coming soon!
Return from Beauty Alternatives to Organic Makeup
Return from Beauty Alternative to Organic Natural Gift Guide, Home